Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas!

Due to our misfortune of last year's adventure getting a Christmas Tree, we decided not to get one this year (also--there was no room). But we decorated like we've never decorated before. Over Thanksgiving, my aunt Pam and uncle Kevin came up with all these cool crafts for us to do. My mom also took me shopping to Home Goods (who loves that store?) and we ended up finding tons of cute treasures including 7 stockings for Jimmy and I and our 5 future children. YUP! Here are a few of the crafts we made and treasures we found!

I love these "Believe" blocks that we made. Thanks Aunt Pam and Uncle Kevin!
Jimmy with all our stockings, presents, and decorations.
This is our bar that we treated like a fireplace and shoved all our presents under.
Here are some of the decorations we made (Santas and Ho Ho Ho's)
Our Dominican Nativity Scene (I love how Jesus is black)
Our Hawaiian Nativity Scene in a coconut
The Santas on wood planks. Love decopauge
One of my favorite things we made. My uncle Kevin put these wires together and we just arranged these pieces of glass on the wires and painted the base and star. It's about 9 inches tall. He made those candy canes out of glass!

2 comments:

Heather and Spencer said...

you seriously bought 7 stockings?!?!? I do get wanting the stockings to match...but before you even have kids? I think I will buy new ones when we are done...That is hilarious! Love the Coconut Nativity!

Emily said...

Your place looks so awesome! I love how much you decorated and that so many of them were decorations that you made. Those Christmas trees with the glass look so good!