Thursday, April 1, 2010

Puppy

Yup--We got a puppy! Ahhhh! For those of you reading this that REALLY know me, you are saying "Wait--I thought Katie hated dogs." My reply -said in a really high pitched, girly, eye-lashes fluttering tone-- "But I love this dog." C'mon, how cute is she?

So Jimmy and I felt like we've been living this monotonous, scheduled, day-2-day lifestyle for a while now. We wanted something to make a small change and add some zip. Many suggested we have a baby. This is our pre-cursor to the baby thing. (stop rolling your eyes).


Bella is the 3rd from the left.

She's the tiniest of the litter (3rd from the left)

Her mom is 5lbs and her dad is 3.5 lbs, so she's looking to be about 4lbs. I am a little nervous that I'm going to turn into that dog lady. You know the one I'm talking about. The one who brings her dog in the car and into the store with her. The one who takes it to activities and treats it like a baby. I have to admit, I already bought her a pink collar, 2 bows, and a bright pink leash that Jimmy just loves (he never reads the blog so he'll have no comment on that).

Anyway--for all you who had no hope for me, please welcome me into your new doggie lover club.

8 comments:

Heather and Spencer said...

I will admit, it is a cute dog. (And I hate any kind of pet.) The bows, collar and leash don't make you "that dog lady." Those are fun things to use with the dog. But please please please don't become the dog lady who carries it inside a store, pushes it in a stroller and cant go anywhere without it! These are the people I make fun of and think are totally stupid (my apologies to anyone reading this that does those things). Not trying to be rude, but I do find it rude and inconsiderate when people bring them in stores. There are people out there who are allergic to animals (dogs) and shouldn't have to plan to take allergy medicine just to go to the mall. A dog is not meant to be pushed in a stroller, it has legs, is meant to walk and needs the exercise anyway. That being said, congrats on your new dog, she really is cute!

Heather and Spencer said...

Hope I didn't come off as the crazy animal hater...obviously, it is a touchy subject with me! Hope she adds the spark to your life that you wanted!

Christin said...

Way cute Kate! I think that you should get a purse for your dog and make sure it is super cute. It doesn't matter if you become THAT lady as long as your bag is cute enough!

Amber said...

That is the most adorable puppy!!! I think I would be tempted too! We've never owned a pet because Easton's enough for me ;)

Amber Goodman said...

Even though Jonny and I are kind of dog haters, we both have a soft spot for the tiny ones! If we ever got a dog it would be tiny like yours.

She is sooooo cute! I bet you're having so much fun.

mrs. said...

I'm not buying it. This has GOT to be an April Fool's joke...

Bogle Family said...

a child might be easier Katie!

Jamie said...

Ditto Heather and Spencer AND ditti Emily!