Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Southern California

Last weekend Jimmy and I went down to Southern California for Jimmy's best friend's wedding--Jon Barker and Kim. As I write this post I keep thinking that at this time yesterday my feet were tucked into the warm sand as I smelled the ocean spray and watched dolphins from the beach. Sigh--I want to go back!

In our 4 days in So Cal we spent most of our time in Orange County. We went to Disneyland (I haven't been back since I moved 12 years ago--it was SOOOO DIFFERENT!), Manhattan Beach, Hunington Beach, Newport Beach, out to dinner with a bunch of old friends and then to a Karaoke Bar (SO FUN! We ended up singing a song by Journey that goes "Don't Stop--Believing").

We got to see the Newport temple for our first time--totally gorgeous! We also got to set up the honeymoon suite for our buddy and his new bride with strawberries and whipped cream, candles, and many more goodies ;0)

That night we had the reception and then I got to catch up with one of my old roommates who just got back from a mission a week ago.
We're glad to say that we returned from So Cal 2 shades darker with sand still all over the car, our cell phones, and in our ears. We're gonna live there someday. Yup--we're sure of it!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

ahhh...when you go back can you make a quick stop up to seattle and pick me up?? Sounds like you had fun and lived it up!

Heather and Spencer said...

You should definitely live here someday...it's wonderful!