Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Attempted Break-in

So last Saturday at 11pm, Jimmy and I were cuddled up on the couch watching a scary movie (with the lights on of course). All of a sudden we hear a noise by our front door and watch as the door handle turns. Then we hear this “thud” as if someone pushed their shoulder into the door. The door was dead-bolted (I thank the angels) and the person wasn’t able to get in. Jimmy jumped up and peeked out the peep hole and didn’t see anyone. So, gulp, he went outside to see who it was. The perp was long gone, but I was left freaked out! We called the cops and they said they’d come patrol the area. We turned off the movie and tried to go to bed. All night long I kept imagining what would have happened if the door wasn’t locked and made myself sick. Literally, I was sick about it. I threw up for about 5 hours and couldn’t sleep from nightmares. At 6am Jimmy went to get me some sprite and I was too scared to stay there alone so I went with him, vomiting all the way.
Overall, it was a good wake-up call for us. We purchased dowels for our windows and sliding glass doors and another deadbolt. (Daniel advised us to purchase a gun before it’s outlawed…). I hate scary movies-especially when they come to life.

3 comments:

Julia Everts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber Addams said...

Super scary! That would have completely freaked me out. Mike and I agree though, it was probably a drunk person trying to find their apartment. We did that so many times, trying to open the apartment one flight below us in Hawaii, and we were sober! I don't know if that gives you more peace of mind. Stay safe!

Heather and Spencer said...

Ok, so last night I had a scary dream that I got attacked...I think it stemmed from reading this post. Thanks! J/k Glad everything is ok!