Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Soup

I asked my mom what she did during the holidays to make our house smell so yummy (it's got to be hard with 5 boys in the house!).

Her secret is Christmas Soup. But don't eat it! Here is the recipe:


Get a small pan and put some water in it. Add cinnamon or cinnamon sticks, some yummy smelling spices like cloves, ginger, allspice, nutmeg and place on simmer. Add some peels of clementines or oranges as you eat them and keep simmering until January…yep, you read correctly…all season long! You will have to keep adding water, and spices when needed. But your nose will know, and your family and friends will think you are baking all season long!

I've tried it, and it works. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I can smell it already! I'm tryin it!

Tyson and Marie said...

Sounds so good! Don't worry...I won't eat it:) I didn't know whether to laugh or cry about your Christmas tree story....umm....I think I laughed. Sorry that happened!