Friday, April 17, 2009

Pet Peeves

So Lately I have noticed that I have a lot of Pet Peeves. Some might say I'm OCD--you be the judge. Hopefully you don't take offense :0)
Pete Peeves:
1- people that waste water (i.e. leave it on while they're brushing their teeth, etc).

picture of me going with this family to find water

2- dirt under the fingernails. Just clean them, ok. (my mom says I can't be her daughter since one of her favorite feelings is having clay all over her hands and under her fingernails! A true artist!)

3- dirty dishes left on a couch, floor, desk, bed (anywhere but sink. Better yet--anywhere but the dishwasher).
4- people that don't finish or save the food on their plate. I guess I hate having things wasted altogether...and yes there are starving kids out there and yes I know their names; so please don't waste your food.
5- I hate when people run their fingernails on a chalk board, but worse yet, I hate when people have chalk on their hands and don't wipe it off. Actually, I can't stand it and have to pretty much leave the room. I'm a freak!
6- lateness. Being on time shows so much about someones character--or so I tell my husband every Sunday on our way to church late (If you've got kids, you can be an exception). I am especially bugged when people show up late and make me wait for them (yes I'm impatient, and also--always on time). Which leads to my next OCD-ness...
7- At night, I check to make sure my alarm is set like 5 times before I go to bed. I'm so nervous it won't go off and I'll be late to work-- (so I am a little OCD)
8- When someone calls me and then puts me on hold...grrrrr
9- Personas que me fallan. It sounds so much better in spanish. Basically, people who stand me up or don't follow through with things they told me they would. This is a biggie! Hypocrites falls in this category too.
10- Annoying drivers! People who don't use a turn signal, people that slow down 500 feet away before they turn, etc.
11- I thought of one more--I hate crude jokes, crude movies, crude talking, crude anything.

So c'mon--doesn't any of the above bother you too?

5 comments:

Julia Everts said...

We should be best friends! I can't stand ANY of those things either!!! In fact...it's making me mad thinking about them right now! Did something imparticular piss you off?

Jimmy and Katie said...

haha that's funny! Yes these past 2 weeks I've had some crazy inlaw drama (just with one member in particular) and that inspired my blog post! haha!

Heather and Spencer said...

7, 9, and 10 totally drive me nuts! I am possibly the furthest thing from a neat freak, but 1 thing that drives me bonkers is when cabinets and drawers (mainly in the kitchen) are left open! If you open the cabinet to get a plate or glass...shut it!!!!!!!!!!

elliebelle said...

omg, #9 is my absolute biggest pet peeve ever. I really really HATE it when people flake on me too!!

Paige said...

I'm totally the exact same way with #6,7,9,10,11! Fortunately, for my own sanity, I'm not a clean freak. :) (much to the chagrin of others in the home...)