Monday, May 4, 2009

Locks of Love

So--I finally did it. I cut off 10 inches of my long, curly hair. As you know, my mom has been diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer and is completely bald. Although my hair will go toward a wig for a child, I felt that somehow I would be helping my mom by donating my hair.

So if anyone is looking to get a cut for summer--maybe cutting it a few more inches would provide a wig for a child with cancer. (visit http://www.locksoflove.org/). The minimum length for a wig is 10 inches.

Here are some before and after pics...

Before
After

Look how much I cut off!

4 comments:

Heather and Spencer said...

That is an awesome thing to do! I have wanted to do it, but my hair has never gotten long enough to do it...oh well. I will just keep encouraging my sister to do it, I think she has done it 2 or 3 times already! For anyone interested in doing it, I know a lot of salons/stylists will give you a really cute cut for free if you are donating your hair!

Abbey said...

I LOVE it Katie! You are so gorgeous!

Jonathan Barker said...

Holy cow! I seriously didn't think your hair was that long. You cut ten inches off and it looks like normal to me lololol

Carly said...

Your hair looks great! Good for you! My husband and I are moving to Seattle in a few weeks to both start work up there. We're excited! Are you guys still in Provo?