Friday, July 29, 2011

Scuba Diving--Cabo San Lucas

There are a few things we learned when we went scuba diving in Mexico.
1- You can buy anything in Mexico for cheaper than in the US.
2- When your Dive master says he can catch fish with his bare hands--believe him.
3- In Mexico, even though we are haven't dove in 3 years, we can still dive down 60 ft.
4- A $15 disposable camera without a flash still takes decent pictures from 60 ft down.
5- You can't smile or look cute with a regulator in your mouth
6- After diving in warm, clear water with friendly fish--we are HOOKED!

Jimmy with a puffer fish our divemaster caught

Me with a blowfish
Even though we look dreadful--we're really happy!

Puffer!

Sting ray in our face

Jimmy holding a blowfish

Jimmy actually ran out of air down below and somehow remembered how to buddy breathe. If you haven't tried this yet...I definately recommend it. It's such a rush.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

What part of Mexico did you visit? TJ and I went to Cancun in November. I'm not scuba certified, so we just went snorkeling at some really awesome resort instead.

Your scuba trip looks fun!

Kelli said...

oh just kidding! I just read the title of the blog. You went to Cabo. :) Silly me...

Mary Martha said...

Andrew and I love to dive. Such a fun thing to do together. Scary running out of air though. My goodness... Hope yall are well