Monday, March 23, 2009

Can't Get Enough

This past weekend some of our best friends came out from Utah to visit us. Jon Barker, Ruth Velasquez, and Daniel. We had the weekend planned to a 'T' and were gonna party harty! We got to the beach Santa Cruz on Friday morning and hung out there all day long. It got really warm (almost in the 70's) and all of us got a nice little tan (more like a burn). We went to Pizza My Heart for dinner in Capitola and then back to this beach so we could watch the sunset over the water. Does it get better than this? Then we went and set up camp...yes...can you believe it? I went camping for my first time without it already being planned for some youth activity. I can't believe I survived. It was great. We made a fire and talked to 3a.m., ate burnt peach cobbler, woke up in a sweaty wet tent and made eggs and bacon. Oh wait--we forgot the frying pan and plates to put the eggs on. What an adventure! We hit the beach up again until the early afternoon and then went to G and G Calverts house and Taco Bravo. Yummmmmm! Tostadas all the way! That night we went in our hot tub and out to a buffet dinner to close down the house. Sunday afternoon Jon, Ruth, and Daniel left--leaving us with nice tans and great memories. We love you guys. Come back soon! Does it get better than this?
(no Ruth and Daniel aren't dating...Ruth was apparently falling and grabbed his leg. you be the judge).

my hottie going skim boarding Kissing at sunset..... sighhhhhhh
(p.s. Here is a picture of me with my long, dark hair--Should I donate it to locks of love?)

Me and Ruthie at the beach

Boys and their tricks

smoooochhhhhh

Look at those white boys!

D and Me at the beach. Jon and Jimmy are in the background

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the wedding picture at the top. Did you do that on the wedding day???

Jessica said...

I'm glad you made that comment about Ruth and Daniel. I saw her hand and started thinking things! LOL Suuuuure she was "falling"

Jessica said...

ahhh I miss CA!! As I'm looking at you guys in swim suits and the beach, the sunset and all I look out my window and it's hailing, dark, and gloomy. Glad you had fun!

Tyson and Marie said...

That looks like so much fun! Oh how I miss the beach. You guys are always up to something fun! You should totally do a canvas painting. You can buy the canvas' already primed and mounted at a craft store and then we used acrylic paints and coated it with a varnish. I think you can also use oil paints (a little more difficult because you can't use water to clean up) and you can also use a gloss spray or something to seal it. There are a lot of options but that is what we did! I can't wait to see your masterpiece:)

Jonathan Barker said...

I wanna come back!! I'm SOOO moving out there!

NJ said...

Random comment, I know, but you should totally donate your hair to Locks of Love. I did once and it was the best experience chopping off all my hair. Plus yours is so thick which is a major plus!