Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Fun Times with Daniel

Since we've moved to CA, Daniel has made a few trips out here to visit us, our relatives, and just have fun. The first night Daniel got in, Jimmy and him decided to go long boarding in some of the parking structures on campus. They left at midnight and when they came back at 2am, they said I HAD TO try it tomorrow (they neglected to tell me the part about the cops who told them not to do that anymore…).

So the next night we went with our longboards in hand. I was a little nervous since the parking structures were 6 stories high but it was like riding a snowboard. You could cruise all the way to the bottom and then ride the elevator up. No exertion necessary! I was loving it! (until the boys told me not to ride the elevators because that was how the cops caught them the previous night).

Here is a video of Jimmy and I cruising while Daniel is videoing. It's scarier than it looks!



We also went to a hockey game (Jimmy's first live game) and Jordan (our bro in law) treated us to box seats and the yummy fajita dinner! There were some great fights!


I love how Daniel and Jimmy get along so well. My 2 best buds!


Here is one last video of Jimmy and I cruising on the longboards (the poor boys had to wait for me the whole time since I am the slowest and most cautious. We sure love these boards though!) Did I mention that we got these $300 longboards because my sweet husband Jimmy installed a kitchen and all the cabinets for a friend who owns a board company? Yeah--my hubby is a stud!

3 comments:

Jonathan Barker said...

Dude so stoked to get out there this weekend. And first off, as I remember, someone helped out ur stud husband with that kitchen and hooked up an arrangement so you could get those boards... second off: why is daniel wearing so much pink??

Jessica said...

ahh how fun! Travis would be in heaven =) except for the cops part I guess. do all that fun stuff you can before you have kids cause once that happens you gotta call a babysitter at 12am just to go longboarding =)

Amber Addams said...

That video make it look like I could try, but probably not... scarier than it looks, huh!? So fun to see you all hanging out. It makes me so happy that you found Jimmy. He seems like your perfect match and so good he gets along with your family so well. Who could ask for more?