Monday, November 23, 2009

Going to So Cal

So I think we'll be going to Southern CA for New Year's (since that was the reason I put off my jury duty...) but I haven't lived there in over 12 years and my hubby's only been there once--so WHAT SHOULD WE DO? Our cousins (thanks Adam and Emma) are gonna let us stay at their place but we need some ideas. It's only 4 days and remember, it's over New Year's so it's gonna be crowded.

Here's what I've thought about:
- Disneyland
- Rose Parade
- Hollywood
- Perhaps a drive through of my old hometown Simi Valley
- Huntington beach
- Newport temple
- WHAT ELSE?

4 comments:

Amber Goodman said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I think you should go to San Diego and stay at least one night at this place!!! Check it out:

http://www.hoteldel.com/

Five years ago I was walking along that beach and loved that hotel! (It's actually in the Dashboard Confessional-Stolen music video too) It was BEAUTIFUL.

Also, you'll have to stop at the ice cream shop they have. Some of the best ice cream I've ever had!

Heather and Spencer said...

Definitely hit up Simi! If you go to San Diego, go to Sea World and do the Dine with Shamu! So fun!

chris m. said...

FUN!!! We are going to be in San Fran that week... we are thinking of maybe going to Disneyland too... but not sure. I'd vote for you to go there.

under construction said...

i recommend the Griffith Observatory. great views of LA, and amazing star shows.