Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Our Engagement

So low and behold, Jimmy and I have another blog. Our good buddy Jon made it for us. LaFamiliaRobison.blogspot.com. I'm pretty sure he wrote everything on there too because I had no idea what a blog was at that time. lol

Well I can't figure out how to merge the two so I'm copying and pasting the information so that I have it all in one spot. This is the only picture we have from our engagement.

(note: written by Jon?) This was taken right after Katie said "yes." Look at that rock and those decorations. Jimmy, Jon, Daniel, and Cory had cut out hundreds of hearts and placed rose petals all over the house. Christmas lights were strung, lights were dimmed, candles were glowing and dinner smelled great. Katie slowly walked up the stairs as she read Jimmy's favorite sappy love songs written on hearts going up the stairs. She heard music playing in the background and when she reached the top there was a beautifully set table for 2 with Martinellis, candles and 2 dozen roses. She found secret notes written in balloons that led her to her porch where Jimmy was walking up. As she went to hug him, he got down on one knee, said some amazing things that none of them can remember exactly, and a few minutes later they were hugging so tightly while Jon, Cory, and Daniel were secretly taking pictures from across the street. He placed the ring on her finger (which brought a huge smile to her face) and the rest of the night was theirs...we slow danced and ate a little (even though our tummy's were too excited to eat) and savored the night. Jimmy explained how he had planned the whole event days before and days after we are still on cloud 9 as we replay Tuesday night in our heads over and over again.
Jimmy took me out for my bday to Macaroni grill and this was the first time he told me he loved me.

Us in temple square in 2007
These pics were taken right before we got engaged

No comments: