Monday, October 13, 2008

Our Sacramento Apartment

We moved to Sacramento, CA in the middle of August so that Jimmy could double major in accounting and pre-dental. It was an easy move since we had NO FURNITURE and all of our wedding presents were, for the most part, still in boxes. After spending our first night on the floor, luck came our way as my parents told us they'd pay for our bed (my dad was very upset that we didn't get bunk beds).
My Aunt Pam from San Jose just happened to rebuild her house and didn't want her Oak Table! So, she gave it to us (along with tons of lamps and clocks) and the house started to come together.
Our first day after moving in we met a family that was moving out and didn't want this nice "L" couch with a pull-out queen bed. Nor did they want all their tree lamps, IKEA art, TV, Chest of Drawers, etc. So-3 hours after we moved in, all of a sudden our apartment was partially furnished.
We opted to not have cable in our house for the time being. It makes it nice for Jimmy and I to be able to take up hobbies like wakeboarding, tennis, scuba diving, and salsa dancing instead of just sitting in front of the tube.
Here is our cute little kitchen/bar. So now our house has become a home and we love the area we live in. We can't believe that we don't have to put up with another Utah winter, trudging around in the snow and freezing our hands while scraping snow off the car. We love CA!



2 comments:

Bogle Family said...

So glad you found my blog. I am still learning all the blogging commands and lingo's. Great pictures... finally I get a chance to see some of the wedding pictures. You two are an adorable couple and look meant to be together! Love ya Katie!!

Heather and Spencer said...

I dont think I realized you were living in Cali now...My sister-in-law lives just outside Sacramento, next time we visit her I will have to give you a call! I would love to see you!